Announcements and Important Events
Eagle Football Fans,
Our COVID year is extending us another unusual experience in that all teams will be in the playoffs for the first time in MHSAA history. The OK White is one of the toughest divisions in the state from top to bottom and should prepare us very well for the tournament. Here is a short primer on how the playoffs will work for us. Stay tuned for information sometime in the next few days on the new spectator limits which will begin October 9th per the Governor's new Executive Order. We are waiting for clarification from the MHSAA.
- There are 507 teams split into eight divisions of 63-64 schools.
- Schools have been geographically assigned to eight Districts in each division, with 7-8 schools in each District. Here is the link to the 2020 Football District Assignments.
- Playoff points will create the brackets in each District. For the District First Round games, the following formula will be used. If a District has only seven teams, the #1 seed would receive a first round bye.
- #1 vs. #8
- #4 vs. #5
- #3 vs. #6
- #2 vs. #7
- Playoff points will determine home/host teams for the first four rounds of the playoffs. Semifinal sites will be prearranged sites if possible and the Finals site(s) will be finalized soon.
- The playoffs will be conducted over six weeks.
- Oct. 30-31: District First Round
- Nov. 6-7: District Semifinals
- Nov. 13-14: District Finals
- Nov. 20-21: Regional Finals
- Nov. 27-28: Semifinals
- Dec. 4-6: Finals
- During the playoffs, if a school is unable to play, the opponent advances in the tournament. If both teams scheduled to play during a week are unable to do so, neither team advances in the tournament.
- Our District:
- Godwin Heights
- GR Christian
- Holland Christian
- South Christian
- Unity Christian