Announcements and Important Events
We have some updates from the MHSAA regarding winter sports.
- All winter sports will start as originally scheduled.
- In light of current COVID-19 trends the MHSAA has re-instituted the two spectators per participant limit for all indoor winter sports. If numbers trend back down, they may reconsider opening it back up to the 20% of capacity that we have used in fall sports for the past month. The two spectators will be designated on a pass list that the athletic department and coaches will manage. We will not charge admission while we have the two spectators per participant limit.
- All spectators must wear masks at all events.
- Basketball, wrestling, hockey and competitive cheer participants will wear masks. Bowling may only remove masks while on the lane and actively bowling. Swimming is not required to wear a mask while competing, and will continue their diligent precautions on deck and in the pool.
- Basketball games will generally be triple headers at opposite sites. — all girls home and boys away, or all boys home and girls away on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Currently, wrestling will only compete once a week — if COVID numbers decline then a second contest per week may be added in January.
- It is likely that the MHSAA tournament for wrestling may be moved up a few weeks to the start of February.
Fall spectator limits of 20% of venue capacity will continue as is.
Thanks for your support for Eagle Athletics. Our parents, players, coaches and community have shown tremendous kindness and grace as we all together have worked so hard to give our Eagle athletes a fall season.
God Bless you all!
GRCHS Athletic Director