Announcements and Important Events
All Sports All Seasons Parent Meeting
The annual All Sport All season Parent Meeting will be held on Monday, August 9, at 8:00 pm via Zoom. If you have a student planning to participate in a fall, winter, and/or spring sport in the 2021-2022 school year, you must have one parent/guardian present at this meeting. The Athletic Department will present information important to the quality of your family's experience in athletics at Grand Rapids Christian High School. Some of the topics to be covered include faith formation, social media, eligibility, training rules, and leadership opportunities.
Everyone planning to play sports at Grand Rapids Christian High School in the 2021-22 school year needs to have an MHSAA physical form on file with the high school athletic office before they are allowed to participate. A valid physical for 2021-22 must be completed any time after April 15, 2021. You may turn in the completed physical to the GRCHS athletic office by mail or email (to firstname.lastname@example.org) as soon as you finish it, even if it is during the summer. You may print out a physical form here. This form must be completed with all signatures in order to participate in sports at GRCHS. You may attach your doctor’s office physical form for the doctor portion of this form but the parent portion and all signatures need to be completed on this form.
Great team opportunities for Freshmen and Sophomores:
- Sideline Cheer begins Monday, August 2 with practices Monday-Thursday, 3:30-5:00pm in the Cheer Room of the Quest Center. Sign up here or contact our cheer coaches Ashion Parks and Celeste Johnson directly.
- JV Girls Golf: If you have tennis experience at all you could be a natural golfer, or if you want to learn the game of golf, come check it out! Contact Coach Seth Davies for more information.
- Girls swim and dive is an excellent opportunity to meet fellow classmates in a dedicated team that values relationships and teamwork most of all. The better we know each other the better we perform! We teach fundamentals through top level training methods. Any experience level is welcome. Contact Coach Abbey Wellman to find out more!
- JV Boys Tennis: If you are not already committed to a fall sport, JV TENNIS is a great option! It is typically a no-cut sport (need basic ability to score, rally and serve and be coachable), it's a short season and you will get the benefit of learning a lifetime sport. Email Coach Gene Hill to get on the list and get started.
- Freshman or JV Football: Check out our football program and work with our football Head Coaches - Rueben Riley and Kirk Sundberg. Join the Freshman or JV football team. No cuts, and equipment is provided. Contact Coaches Rueben Riley and Kirk Sundberg for more information.
Order Your GRCHS 2021-2022 All-Sports Passes
For just $50 each or a family max of $125 family members (parents and children through 8th grade in same household) can cheer on the Eagles at all gated athletic events (except MHSAA or Invitationals) at Grand Rapids Christian High! GR Christian High School students will get in free with their student ID! Order your passes online today!
The Eagle Sport Report
A daily email during the Eagles athletic seasons, the Eagle Sport Report is a great way to stay on top of what is happening in Eagle athletics. Read about the previous day's events, and find the schedule for the current and next days' events. If you aren't receiving the Eagle Sport Report (ESR) and want to, please contact Carolyn Groendyk to get added to the contact list.
Eagle Athletic Boosters
The Eagle Athletic Boosters provide tremendous support to the GR Christian Athletic program. If interested in joining the boosters, donating to the boosters or becoming a patron, please reach out to the EAB President, Jason Porte.
It is our hope and intention to proceed with this coming year's athletic programs as normal without restrictions at this point. We pray for continued progress in fighting hte pandemic and look forward to an awesome year next year — seeing all of your wonderful faces!!