Grand Rapids Christian High School
Announcements and Important Events
All Sports All Seasons Parent Meeting
The annual All Sport All season Parent Meeting will be held on Monday, August 7, at 8:00 pm via Zoom. (We will send the link out closer to the meeting date.) If you have a student planning to participate in a fall, winter, and/or spring sport in the 2023-2024 school year, you must have one parent/guardian present at this meeting. The Athletic Department will present information important to the quality of your family's experience in athletics at Grand Rapids Christian High School. Some of the topics to be covered include faith formation, social media, eligibility, training rules, and leadership opportunities.
We are excited to offer a new athletics sign up program for our families. Anyone interested in playing sports at Grand Rapids Christian must register on this platform. This platform has some great benefits for your athletics experience including:
- Register your student for the sports they are interested in playing, connecting them easily to the right coaches.
- Coaches will have access to emergency contact information.
- Physical forms can be uploaded to your student’s account – no more paper copies! (Note if you have already submitted a paper copy, we will connect it to your athlete’s account for you.)
Everyone planning to play sports at Grand Rapids Christian High School in the 2023-24 school year needs to have an MHSAA physical form on file with the high school athletic office before they are allowed to participate. A valid physical for 2023-24 must be completed any time after April 15, 2023. You may turn in the completed physical form to your Student Central account (see above). You may print out a physical form here. This form must be completed with all signatures in order to participate in sports at GRCHS. You may attach your doctor’s office physical form for the doctor portion of this form but the parent portion and all signatures need to be completed on this form.
Great team opportunities for Freshmen and Sophomores:
- JV Girls Golf: If you have tennis experience at all you could be a natural golfer, or if you want to learn the game of golf, come check it out! Contact Coach Seth Davies for more information.
- Girls swim and dive is an excellent opportunity to meet fellow classmates in a dedicated team that values relationships and teamwork most of all. The better we know each other the better we perform! We teach fundamentals through top level training methods. Any experience level is welcome. Contact Coach Elena Groenenboom to find out more!
- JV Boys Tennis: If you are not already committed to a fall sport, JV TENNIS is a great option! It is typically a no-cut sport (need basic ability to score, rally and serve and be coachable), it's a short season and you will get the benefit of learning a lifetime sport. Email me to get on the list and get started.
- Freshman Football: Check out our football program and work with our football Head Coaches - Rueben Riley and Kirk Sundberg. Join the Freshman football team. No cuts, and equipment is provided. Contact coaches Rueben Riley and Kirk Sundberg for more information.
GRCHS 2023-2024 All-Sports Passes!
For just $60 for individual or a family max of $150 family members (parents and children through 8th grade in same household) can cheer on the Eagles at all gated athletic events (except MHSAA or Invitationals) at Grand Rapids Christian High! GR Christian High School students will get in free with their student ID! Order your passes here.
The Eagle Sport Report
A daily email during the Eagles athletic seasons, the Eagle Sport Report is a great way to stay on top of what is happening in Eagle athletics. Read about the previous day's events, and find the schedule for the current and next days' events. If you aren't receiving the Eagle Sport Report (ESR) and want to, please contact Carolyn Groendyk to get added to the contact list.
Eagle Athletic Boosters
The Eagle Athletic Boosters provide tremendous support to the GR Christian Athletic program. If interested in joining the boosters, donating to the boosters or becoming a patron, please reach out to the EAB President, Jason Porte.
Keep up to date with schedules, game reports, and athletics news on this website. Folllow Eagle Athletics on these social media platforms:
Like, comment and share our posts to celebrate and encourage our athletes!