Grand Rapids Christian High School
All Sports Parent Meeting
As you may have heard, our annual All Sports All Seasons Parent Meeting originally scheduled for August 10, has been canceled due to regulations for indoor meetings. We will miss this opportunity to get to catch up with you all a bit, share information, and answer questions. If your student will be participating in GRCHS Athletics here are some things you need to know.
You will find the latest information from the MHSAA on our website here. At the bottom of that page, you will find information about COVID and returning to play high school athletics as it relates to each sport. Please be assured that we are committed to following best practices for keeping us all safe and are committed to playing and participating to the extent the Governor's phases permit. There are as many different viewpoints about this as there are people so we all need to be kind, show grace and keep our children's safety and experience first and foremost in our minds.
The following information was shared with our fall coaches:
- Each athlete provides their own mask — the district is providing one to each student, the rest must be provided by students/parents.
- Each athlete provides their own sanitizer.
- Each athlete uses their own personal equipment (helmets, shin guards etc)- no sharing. Shared balls will be wiped down periodically.
- Each athlete uses their own water bottle. They can use a water horse to fill personal water bottles only — no drinking from the water horses.
- All bench personnel (coaches, ball boys, film, etc.) must wear a mask. All players not in the game must wear masks. Coaches are strongly encouraged to limit the amount of people on their bench and sideline.
- Parents will be screening their children at home. If any player exhibits any cold or flu-like symptoms, including a fever of greater than 100.3, coaches will send them home and report it to the Athletic Director.
- Social distancing is required. Whenever possible athletes should train in pods to minimize the possibility of spread and reduce the likelihood of shutting the whole team down if there is a positive.
- Do not expect locker rooms when we travel — arrive dressed and ready to play.
- No scrimmages. Any game not played due to positive COVID tests on a team does not count as a forfeit except for football.
- If there is a suspected COVID-19 case during a contest or practice each athletic facility has a designated quarantine site.
- There will likely be positive COVID-19 cases. Keep everyone in your program calm, do not allow rumors and follow the process.
- Contact the Athletic Director immediately if you hear of any positive cases in your program. Names of those who are COVID positive are protected information and may only be shared with school administration and health officials — even if the family is public about it.
Athletics will be following the district policies for bus riding.
Please use grchristianeagles.org for all of the most current competition schedule information. Coach contact information, athletic handbook, Hall of Fame are just a few examples of the information found on our athletic website.
Currently, there is a camera system in the Quest Gym that allows us to livestream volleyball, basketball and wrestling. We are working to install a camera system at Eagles Stadium to be able to stream football, soccer, lacrosse and track. There is a very modest subscription fee which allows for live viewing as well as on-demand viewing. You will be able to find our events here.
We expect that there may be reductions in the number of spectators allowed, and if spectators are allowed we may be required to go a paperless ticketing system. All Sport passes are available for purchase. Please plan on wearing masks at all of our athletic events.
- Parent Meeting Information
- Athletic Physicals
- Team Opportunities for Freshmen and Sophomores
- Coach Contact Information
- Eagle Sport Report
- Fall Sports Tryout Schedule
- Follow us on Social Media
- Online Logo Loft
We are thankful that we can move towards in-person schooling this fall, and that we getting encouraging information that we will have sports. What a blessing for all of us to get back to one of our favorite shared activities again!
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me.