Grand Rapids Christian High School
Announcements and Important Events
Parents: Tom and Heidi DeBlecourt
- Mollie is undecided on which college she will be attending but plans to major in either graphic design and nursing with a potential major in Spanish.
- Mollie’s favorite memory from swim team was described when she said: “After practice, when we put soap all over the shower floors, blasted music, and just slid on our stomachs across the floor for like half an hour. It was pretty disgusting, and wrecked my suit, but it was really fun, and I highly recommend it.”
- Mollie’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is doing our cheers, talking with teammates, and of course singing along to Hot Wings!
- Mollie’s favorite verse is Nehemiah 8:10b "Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.”
- Mollie’s advice for the team is to allow yourself to enjoy every moment. Even though you might be dying during practice, or really stressed out before a meet, these 4 years will go by so fast. Don't let yourself get stuck on the temporary pain or stress, but instead, build relationships and make memories with this incredible team.
Parents: Chris and Elizabeth Glisson
- Olivia is undecided where she would like to attend college, but plans to study history.
- Olivia’s favorite swim team memory is getting ready with the team after Friday morning practices and going to Starbucks.
- Olivia’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is to listen and dance to Hot Wings with the rest of the team.
- Olivia’s favorite Bible verse is Proverbs 31:25 “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.”
- Olivia’s advice to the team is: Try to talk to everyone on the team because you never know who you'll become close with.
Parents: Craig and Dawn Heerema
- Micah plans to attend college, unsure where. She wants to study environmental sustainability and Spanish.
- Micah’s favorite team memory is the senior year sleepover or the pumpkin carving thing at Mitch’s parents’ house freshman year.
- Micah’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is to jam to Spanish music!
- Micah’s favorite Bible verse is: Luke 12:27 “Consider how the wild flowers grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these.”
- Micah’s advice to the team is to branch out and really try to get to know new people. I have truly made some of the most important people in my life I met on this team and I think that is an opportunity that nobody should miss out on.
Parents: Dan and Amy Hermen
- Emily plans to attend college and study social work, sociology or Spanish.
- Emily’s favorite team memory is the team sleepover every year and cheers before meets.
- Emily’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is listening to Julie and the Phantoms with Kaitlin.
- Emily’s favorite Bible verse is: John 15:12 “My command is this: Love each other as I have loved you.”
- Emily’s advice for the team is: Get to know as many people on the team as you can and cheer loudly.
Parents: Ben and Elisabeth Mills
- Janie’s plans are to possibly attend Hope or University of Michigan to study business or biochem and Spanish.
- Janie’s favorite swim team memory is conference and the team sleepover.
- Janie’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is to listen to Hot Wings, crack my back, and do 20 jumping jacks.
- Janie’s favorite Bible verse is Romans 8:18 “I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.”
- Janie’s advice for the team is: Enjoy every moment with the team, even when it is tough. Every morning practice, lift, meet, and team bonding. Your time will go by so fast, so don’t take any moment for granted. Your best memories and some of your best friends will come from this team. If I had a choice to redo these four years through all the highs and lows, I’d do it again without a thought. The love I have for this team and this sport is never ending and I wish nothing but the best for all of you in the years to come. I love you all and I will miss you all so much!
Parents: Nate and Shane Pegman
- Kaitlin is undecided about where she will attend college, but plans to study nursing and French.
- Kaitlin’s favorite swim team memories were the day swimming and diving switched practices and all the team sleepovers (especially this years).
- Kaitlin’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is to eat goldfish and blast Rio and Julie and the Phantoms soundtracks!
- Kaitlin’s favorite Bible verse is 1 Corinthians 16:14 “Do everything in love.”
- Kaitlin’s advice to the team is: have so much fun and work hard, but focus more on the people than the times!
Parents: Stephen and Kelly Sadowski
- Piper is undecided about where she will attend next year, but does plan to swim in college.
- Piper’s favorite swim team memory is all the team bonding, spooky relays, and getting her state cut in the 500.
- Piper’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is listening to any music in her beats headphones.
- Piper’s favorite Bible verse is Jeremiah 29:11 ~ “’For I know the plans I have for you,’ declares the Lord, ‘plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.’”
- Piper’s advice to the team is: Get out of your comfort and don’t be afraid to try new things!!!
Parents: Brian and Chrissy Sandberg
- Adie’s future plans are to attend college, unsure of where or what she will study.
- Adie’s favorite memory from swim team was hanging out with the whole team at this year’s team sleepover.
- Adie’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is doing the team cheers and praying with the team.
- Adie’s favorite verse is Psalm 118:24 “The Lord has done it this very day; let us rejoice today and be glad.”
- Adie’s advice to the team is: Branch out as much as you can because swim is a lot better when you can develop friendships with people on the team, and don't only focus on just your grade you would be surprised how much fun the other grades can be.
Host Parents: Thomas and Pam Scofield
- Sarah’s plans are to go to college to study psychology.
- Sarah’s favorite team memory is playing games with the team in the lake at the cottage party.
- Sarah’s favorite way to get pumped up for a meet is listening to music with the team.
- Sarah’s favorite verse is Philippians 4:7 “And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”
- Sarah’s advice for the team is to cheer yourself up every day.
Congratulations on making it to your senior night - it has been an absolute joy to walk alongside you as you swam, learned, and grew over the past four years.
As a group you came onto this team in the middle of chaos — outdoor swimming and a brick weight room. You’ve navigated several pools and new coaches, all while leading this team with grace and kindness. Thank you for taking on each challenge over the past four years on this team with your head up!
As you transition into an ever busy, new, and exciting period of your life I encourage you to do as Paul instructs the church in 1 Thessalonians: “Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.”
Your coaches, your team, and I will be praying for you in your transition to what is next — cheering for you always! Go Eagles.
Girls Swim and Dive